понеділок, 18 березня 2019 р.

Jack Smith Moustache Bra


This is "Jack Smith Moustache Bra" - a typographic composition. I believe it was made sometime in 2012.

This piece came together by accident. I was looking for the right font for the poster. The process was simple - i took the font, typed something with it and dropped that on a board. A couple of hours later I've noticed that the board was piled with stuff. Among else, there was a thing that resembled the image you can see.

It was a combination of ukrainian letters Ш та М in handwritten baroque font. And it stuck with me. I just couldn't get it out of my head. So after several iterations i came up with this version - it is somewhat differently organised. Instead of ukrainian Ш there is english W.

At that time it was just a neat piece. The title itself was brought up by Dmitry Volchek. For him the piece channeled that Jack Smith vibe.

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар

Six new works in Die Leere Mitte

Got some great news! Six of my poems were featured in the newest issue of Die Leere Mitte . But this time it is some big guns. These guys k...