вівторок, 12 травня 2020 р.

tENTATIVELY, a cONVENIENCE performs my Melody Poems



What is the better way to celebrate one's birthday than performing one's work? tENTATIVELY, a cONVENIENCE did just that with my Melody Poems. I'm very thankful for that. It is a great honor.

If you want to check the original text - it was featured in The Otolith back in Issue 56. Here's the link https://the-otolith.blogspot.com/2019/12/volodymyr-bilyk.html

Here's what tENTATIVELY, a cONVENIENCE says about the thing: "When I got to Volodymyr Bilyk's "Melody Poems" I thought it would be fun to play the pieces on the piano & to link to a movie of this as a part of the finished review. Since the "Melody Poems" basically just list note names without specifying octave or rhythm, etc, I decided that it would be fun to play them in ways that most people would find 'unmelodic'. This is the result. As you will no doubt notice, I also tweaked it a bit further. I made entirely too many mistakes & took some liberties so the result is probably a bit far off from Bilyk's imagining of the melodies but, hey!, I still went to the trouble of actually approaching the "Melody Poems" as a score. "

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар

Six new works in Die Leere Mitte

Got some great news! Six of my poems were featured in the newest issue of Die Leere Mitte . But this time it is some big guns. These guys k...