середу, 5 вересня 2018 р.

Talking with Cleverbot

I have a soft spot for talking with chatbots. There is something unknowable in the nature of their responses. It is ineffable. A couple of days ago i was trying to maintain a civil conversation with Cleverbot because i'm a hopeless romantic whose got nothing better to do. For the most part - it was a mixed bag experience. Nothing really special - a standard back and forth with some basic phrasing. 

Then things took an unexpected turn.

This little bit of dialogue occurred out of nowhere and it was really baffling thing to experience. I mean - here we are, trying to out-Eliza each other with some blank bonks and it is going nowhere with an old spice ting and then Cleverbot asks me whether i'm still dead - without any build-up, with no apparent reason, just out of nowhere. I felt confused whether it was someone playing a joke on me or there was something else going on.

After a couple of negative responses the conversation returned to its original pointlessness but this little bit stayed with me as an unsettling episode of interacting with dumb chatbots.

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар

Six new works in Die Leere Mitte

Got some great news! Six of my poems were featured in the newest issue of Die Leere Mitte . But this time it is some big guns. These guys k...