пʼятницю, 24 листопада 2017 р.

BSPH: George Lucas Found Poem

Sometimes all you need to do in order to write a poem is to surf through the wiki wormhole. That's how i've made this poem. However, i can't say it happened accidentally. It wasa a result of methodical pointless wandering. I was frustrated by the lack of personal space on my then-workplace. I felt insecure and watched upon. It was extremely uncomfortable. I was unable to concentrate properly and that irritated me to the point i had moments of helpless stupor. I felt blank and it was horrifying. In such moments i was websurfing. It really helped to keep myself together. 

One day feeling extemely bad - i just opened Wikipedia and clicked on Random Page link. 

Let me reconstruct my journey. It started with a quick look at the titles of Piet Mondrian paintings. Then i've found reference to Piet Esolang and moved to the page Esoteric Programming Languages. R2D2 speak was mentioned there and so i moved to George Lucas page. After a quick scan for something-something i've clicked on "George Lucas Filmography" link and started looking through the debris of charts. Directing and producing credits weren't particularly exciting (although i think his early experimental work deserves more attention) -  but then there were acting credits. I never really thought of George Lucas as an actor. And so i've looked through and there it was - the magic line:

1991 - Hook - No - No - No - Yes - Man kissing woman on a bridge

At first i wanted to do a snapshot but it was a little off to me. It was interesting but nothing more. I wrote it down into my notebook and left a sidenote "George Lucas". This note was buried for a couple of weeks. And then i had several free hours with nothing else to do. And so I was gazing through the notes and stumbled upon "George Lucas" once again. I instantly thought of  Gerogerigegege (because Gerogerigegege is always on my mind) and it struck me - i already made it into a poem:

'

It was one really simple change. But it created a narrative. It transformed the whole thing from curious trivia tidbit into an abstract narrative with sly namedropping in the end. It was based upon fact but it spinned it to the point it performed tornado mayonaise pop-ah-ca-choo in a parallel dimension. Its extreme opaqueness makes it look like an elaborate erasure but it is not - it is simply reappropriated and decomposed chart. 

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар

Six new works in Die Leere Mitte

Got some great news! Six of my poems were featured in the newest issue of Die Leere Mitte . But this time it is some big guns. These guys k...