неділю, 4 березня 2018 р.

My Favorite Things: Flash - This is so stupid


There is something special in finding pages from comic books taken out of context. You have no idea what it is and they always seem supremely odd no matter how you try to reconstruct the narrative or rationalize the scene. It is a beast of its own and it in some way it is better that way.

This is a page from some old "The Flash" comics. It is a splash page numbered 14. The page depicts The Flash running up in the air around the airplane. There is a sharp contrast combination of starry sky and some snow-white clouds or smoke in the background. I guess the plane is in some kind of trouble and The Flash needs to work it out. Or not. Whatever... It doesn't matter. 

Text caption says "This is so stupid". Indeed, this is so stupid. Taken outside of its original context it is surprising cathartic.

From my point of view - it is simply a perplexing situation caught inappropriately from the awkward angle in the wrong moment of time. It is something akin to John Baldessari's "Wrong" series where he took photos with intentionally bad or confusing compositions.

I've found it online while googling picture for the word "stupid" because i felt that way. I guess it is fair to say that this finding isn't exactly what i was looking for, although it is thoroughly satisfying anyway. I don't even have any idea where it is from. I suppose it is somewhere from Wally West run. Probably Mike Barron stuff. Who knows... But it doesn't matter. 

I feel like i can proudly embark on butchering U2's "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" via horrisonant humming.



Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар

Six new works in Die Leere Mitte

Got some great news! Six of my poems were featured in the newest issue of Die Leere Mitte . But this time it is some big guns. These guys k...